Features & Benefits
- Access to an institutionally minded real estate strategy
- Diversification into public, private & direct real estate assets
- Repurchase offers
- Investment strategy targets cash flowing assets designed to provide current income
- 25+ years of direct real estate expertise
- Seeking muted volatility and low correlation to the public equity markets due to diversified fund composition
- Institutional private real estate funds
Diversification does not ensure a profit or protect against a loss. The Fund provides limited liquidity by offering to make quarterly repurchases. The number of shares that the Fund will offer to repurchase will be determined by the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis and is anticipated to be 5%. Redemptions within 90 days of purchase may be subject to a fee. There is no guarantee that an investor will be able to sell all the shares that the investor desires to sell in any repurchase offer.
Why do you need real estate in your portfolio?
Investors seek to generate investment performance in their portfolios by balancing their risk for total return. While equity and bond markets can provide a solid base for a portfolio, alternative asset classes such as real estate have potential to add valuable portfolio characteristics such as reduced market correlation, overall risk reduction and increased portfolio diversification.
The addition of appropriate allocations to real estate has the potential of achieving:
- Increased generation of income from cash flowing assets
- Ownership of hard assets with lower price volatility
- Opportunity for capital appreciation
- Portfolio diversification
Direct Real Estate Acquisitions: BDREX’s ADVANTAGE
While other real estate funds may only offer real estate exposure via public securities and/or private offerings, BDREX also offers investors exposure to direct real estate through the acquisition of commercial (office, retail, industrial) and multifamily residential property types.
The BDREX direct real estate allocation may provide investors exposure to:
- Direct real estate holdings, which may demonstrate lower volatility relative to public equity markets due to the mitigating effects of set lease terms, and have been inaccessible for most investors
- Carefully analyzed and underwritten direct real estate deals
Private Real Estate Funds: Why?
Private real estate funds are typically not available to all but the largest investors. With initial investment minimums that can range from $500,000 to well in excess of $10 million, investors in private funds include large pension funds, endowments, sovereign wealth funds, and ultra high net worth investors.
The inclusion of private real estate funds in BDREX may provide investors:
- Exposure to highly diversified portfolios of real estate
- Trophy assets in primary markets
- Potential for long-term appreciation, providing the opportunity for greater total returns
- Access to some of the largest real estate asset management firms
Utilizing deep private real estate knowledge, the portfolio management team carefully vets private funds via a proprietary selection and due diligence process. A blend of private funds adds to the geographic and sector diversification of the portfolio. Together, these factors are designed to lower the Fund’s correlation to the broader markets and provide investors unique real estate access, all via an investment minimum generally lower than that of private funds.
There is no guarantee that the Fund will achieve its objectives, generate profits, or avoid losses. No level of diversification or non-correlation can ensure profits or guarantee against losses.
Public Real Estate Equities: Why?
As part of a broadly diversified strategy, BDREX allocates to US public REIT securities via a custom designed portfolio, coupled with a well-developed covered call writing program designed to provide consistent returns along with generation of income. The public sleeve seeks to provide liquidity in the portfolio for redemptions, provide capital flexibility and generate income.
The public real estate equities allocation of the BDREX portfolio seeks to:
- Increase overall portfolio diversification while reducing public market correlation
- Provide portfolio management team a liquidity outlet as needed